Total Raised: $1015.96 Total Donors: 30 Current Largest Donation: $100
TLDR: Raising money for a con: Con Date: March 23rd-25th Des Moines, Iowa
Reserve your room now! Ask for “The Walking Eye Rate” when you call.
11211 Hickman Road
Urbandale, IA 50322
Rooms are $79/night if we get 10 rooms paid for by February 23. Otherwise they are $100/night.
Good news first? Or bad news? Let’s go with the good:
The Good News:
The Walking Eye Crew is excited to announce the first Walking Eye Convention! From Friday, March 23rd through Sunday, March 25th we will be hosting a weekend of gaming and discussion.
The Bad News:
Kevin’s motherboard imploded last week, and he won’t have the scratch to replace it for a good month at least, currently he’s limping by on smartphones and borrowed PC’s, but any further updates to the podcast will have to wait until its fixed.
Which brings us to the purpose of this post:
Pledge Drive: January 2nd to February 2nd
Welcome to the first annual Walking Eye Con Pledge Drive.
Much like NPR, we’re going to politely ask you to donate to our podcast if you like it and would like to hear more of it. Except we’re only going to do it once a year, and won’t ask nearly as incessantly.
What we’re going to spend the money on:
- A new motherboard for Kevin, as well as a new Hard Drive and more RAM. $150
- Hotel costs and expenses for The Walking Eye Con. $500
- Travel expenses for TWE Crew to go Cons like PAX and GenCon. $Whatever’s left.
What you get if you donate:
To show our appreciation for your support, we’ve got a few gifts together.
- Donate $10 and receive a special PDF Gift from Sage Kobold Productions, makers of Dungeon World. The gift is a special Mini-Class: The Walking Dead. It offers special moves for PC’s who have visited the Black Gates of Death and come back… changed. Very cool!
We also have some special prizes for the top donations. The person with the highest donation on February 2nd gets first pick, and then in descending order of donations from there:
- Pick our summer game! This includes games we’ve already run and you’d like to hear us revisit. We have veto power, of course. Sorry, no FATAL.
- Play a short campaign with a TWE Host. We’ll Skype in and run a game of your choice (again, with veto) for 3-5 sessions. This is actually three prizes, one for each host. In other words, Kevin, Jen, and Troll will all run one game each over Skype. (CJ declined to participate)
- Pick, and participate in, our next Round Table Discussion. Topic of your choice, and we’ll do our best to get a good group of people together to discuss it. Obviously we can’t work miracles, but we’ll give it our best shot.
Make your donations here:
Thanks very much for all your support these past three years. See you at the Con! This post will be updating regularly in the upcoming weeks.
Questions? Leave a comment!